Entries are open for the 13th International MANGA Award 2019 in Japan. The Embassy of Japan, Islamabad desire receives applications from MANGA artists about Pakistan. The reason concerning the 2019 International MANGA Competition is to extent MANGA subculture remote places and promotes worldwide cultural exchanges via MANGA.
The MANGA Awards desire lie attached to the beneficial workshop together with a outing to Japan (generally for 10 days) by way of the Japan Foundation. The wage performance is planned to keep held of Tokyo in February 2020
- The Gold Award of the Japan International MANGA Award will be given to the best MANGA work and the Silver Award to three other excellent works.
- The Gold Award and the Silver Award winners will be invited to Japan on the occasion of the award ceremony for around 10 days as a supplementary prize (the fine work winners are not entitled).
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Eligible MANGA works need to be compiled regarding more than sixteen pages. Both posted and unknown event are eligible to apply, except for the past triumphing works over Japan International Manga Awards.
- Eligible MANGA mill need to stay the ones which bear been evolved inside the past 3 years (2016-2019)from the persimmon concerning application.
- Eligible MANGA works have to be straight of printed form. (Submission about information may stand required later on.)
- Overseas publishing agencies may apply to the Japan International MANGA Award, above affirmation beside the MANGA artists of submitting their work.
- Either the comic artificer or account author about the straight work has to remain a overseas national. Also the representative any desire participate between the appeal programs addicted to the Gold / Silver Award winners ought to stay a overseas national.
- Only certain employment may also stand submitted by applicant. Only one job may also keep accepted below some title (or series). In case as a series concerning short stories is to remain applied, solely some announcement desire is widely used for examination. Duplicate entries intention keeps invalid.
- For the reason of publicity, the MANGA Award Executive Committee can also upload the winner’s MANGA factory (partially) concerning its website on obtaining approval out of the artists.
HOW TO APPLY
(1) Applications should be sent to either i) or ii) below.
- Japanese Embassies or Consulates General (Check online for each address.)
- O.Box to inquire Japanese Embassies or Consulates General
(2) Two copies of your work must be submitted. (Additional copies may be requested for works being considered for an award.)
(3) An entry form, filled in either English or Japanese, must be attached to the work.
Page numbers must be indicated on every page of the work. If the work is not in the form of a book, it needs to be indicated clearly if there is any specific two-page spread in the work.
The Thirteenth international Manga Award Selection Committee will be responsible for the selection procedures.
The award ceremony is planned to be held in Tokyo in February 2020.
June 14th, 2019