Applicants are invited to apply to AUC- UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme. A fully funded fellowship programme for Africans. For the time period of 12 months 20 young women will be selected and the programme will be start from October 2019.
AUC- UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme is a combine project between African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
If you are interested in developing sustainable goals, want to come up from your poverty state and want to be an owner of some special skills then you must have to apply to AUC- UNDP African fellowship programme.
This exciting partnership objectives to construct a modern technology concerning young African women leaders and specialists to serve Africa and the world into invention and imposing development programs of the connection of the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
AFRICAN YOUNG WOMEN LEADERS FELLOWSHIP 2019 DETAILS
HOST COUNTRY: The United States of America
FELLOWSHIP LOCATION: UNDP at Headquarters in New York or in a regional or country office
FELLOWSHIP BENEFITS/FINANCIAL SUPPORT: The Fellowship Programme will cover expenses related according to journey or medical insurance. In addition, every Fellow will stay paid a trade to cover adapt yet living fees at the respective obligation station.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme provides an interesting job along UNDP at Headquarters into New York and between a provincial or country office.
Following a joint standing through AUC and UNDP, Fellows choice assignment under the control or coaching over an experienced UNDP human’s manager yet choice take part between a mentorship and transformative leadership development training application at the same time promoted by means of AUC or UNDP.
Key areas concerning labor related to supporting:
- collection and evaluation over statistics over SDGs or Agenda 2063
- SDG implementation or experimentation
- Promising areas of innovation, South-South and Tri-lateral collaboration, partnerships and resource mobilization so much speed up UNDP’s program implementation.
To stay viewed for the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme, candidates ought to meet the consequent requirements:
- National on an AU Member State
- Aged beneath 34 years at the persimmon over application
- Hold a Master’s diploma and equal of Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, or different applicable fields
- Maximum 1 12 months on working ride between research, analysis, and program/project development, implementation and management
- Available among 2019/20 to dedicate 12 months for organization software and on hand after take part inside an installation mill within Addis Ababa from October 2019.
- Willing to stay and action outdoor their country regarding residence
- Proficiency in at least positive AU pursuit language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese) and mission benefit about English
- Understanding of, then hobby in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs or Africa’s Agenda 2063
- Capacity to accumulate comprehensive information over complex issues or situations, evaluating data accurately, inspecting and figuring out accomplishment troubles or options.
- Initiative, client-orientation, and working in teams, and complex and time-pressured contexts, field experience in an African country
- Experience in developing technical proposals
- Leadership, innovation and technology and setting up networks/hubs/hangouts
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNDP FELLOWSHIP 2019?
Your application must be in English and must include the following (to be scanned and uploaded as one document):
- A detailed CV
- A one-page inspiration letter highlighting why you would remain an extraordinary candidate, your strengths then how many your sharing into the Programme would make a contribution to your future career
- A quick book about no longer greater than 1,500 phrases (3 pages singular spaced) detailing you innovative answer to a complicated improvement problem – formative years unemployment. Describe the characteristic of the problem, where are the underlying causes, anybody is accountable for application it problem, as your progressive answer is then how much you would implement it.
- Copies about your instructional degrees
- 2 professional references.
August 01, 2019