The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) ceased On 31 December 2016 and renewed by the RTP (Research Training Program) on 1 January 2017.
The Research Training Program implements block grants, on a yearly basis, to HEPs (higher education providers) are supporting all the domestic and overseas candidates undertaking this program (Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees) which is known as HDRs (higher degrees by research).
- Country: Australia
- Organization: Participating Universities in Australia
- Eligible Countries/Students: Domestic and international students
Field of study
- Masters by research degree or Doctorate Degree
- An RTP Fees Offset pays for the tuition fees of a higher degree by research (HDR) student that would otherwise have been funded by the student. It requires that a university offset tuition fee applicable for a student fully.
- An RTP Stipend to helps the students with their living costs who have applied for the higher degree by research.
- RTP Grants to help students with ancillary costs of a higher degree by research (HDR). It includes relocation costs to undertake an HDR, HDR thesis printing and educational publication costs and health cover costs for recipients and their dependents.
- RTP scholarships time duration is of two years for both research masters OR of three years or up to max 4 years for a research doctorate (at the discretion of the HEP).
To apply for the RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset or RTP Allowance, a student must be a domestic student, or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian HEP. The necessary eligibility criteria for an RTP listed in Section 1.5 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2017
How to Apply
Applications for RTP Scholarships need to be made directly to participating universities. Each university has its application and selection process; please contact your chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme. The deadline varies per university but is around April-October each year.
It is essential to read the all the FAQs and also visit the university website where you expect to apply, and the official website (in the link below) for more details click on how to apply for this scholarship.
[button-brown url=”https://www.education.gov.au/research-training-program” target=”_self” position=”left”]Official Link[/button-brown]