In some countries, the Japanese Government has announced MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship for the year 2021. The Monbukagakusho MEXT Scholarship is for the purpose to offer Undergraduate, Masters and PhD Degree from Japanese Universities.
Normally, the applications pattern of the scholarship offered by MEXT Japanese Government is declared in April. But due to COVID-19, this year the application cycle is postponed. However, in some of the countries, now, the MEXT Scholarship for year 2021 has been announced with a good new which is that the Knowledge of Japanese Language and IELTS/TOEFL test is not compulsory.
The Japanese MEXT Scholarship is accessible to all the participants, who have diplomatic relations with Japan such as from Asia, North America, Latin America, Pacific, and the Europe, Caribbean, Middle East, Africa. In the MEXT Scholarship, all the universities of Japan are participating and will be offering all the fields of study.
The details about the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship for year 2021
The scholarship for Undergraduate, Master & PhD is offered in the field which you have studied in your own country, by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan.
Under this Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship program, you will get to study in the Best Japanese Universities. The Selection process in the University will be according to your grades and achievement and will be automatically done Japanese Government.
The applicant should apply for the field of study which they studied in at the university in their country or can also apply to its related field while applying for MEXT Master & Ph.D. Scholarship.
Also, the fields of study should be the one in which the applicant is able to study and research in graduate courses at the universities of Japan.
The MEXT Scholarship Duration
- For Undergraduate: 4-5 Years
- For Masters: 2-3 Years
- For doctorate degree: 3-4 Years
Areas of Study
As mentioned earlier, the Japanese government offers options for all fields of study available in all Japanese Universities. These options ranges from Medical to Health, Social Science to Engineering, Arts, Humanities etc. No Academic Fields Restrictions is there.
The MEXT Japan Scholarship is a free and fully funded scholarship for International Students who wants to Study in Japan For Free. Japanese Government will cover all the expenses.
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance will be given and also a Preparatory Allowance (2021 Rate)
- Education Fees: Entrance Examination’s fee, Universities’ tuition fee will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenditures: Transportation to Japan: Your Round Airfare Travel Expenses to Japan from your country will be covered by MEXT. For the flight, the Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket.
- Accommodations: For international students, residence halls will be provided by universities.
General Criteria for Eligibility
- The nationality of the country that has diplomatic relations with Japan as stated above is a must for the applicants.
- At the time of application, if an applicant has Japanese nationality, he/she is not eligible.
- In principle, Applicants who are born on or after 2 April 1985 are eligible.
- Master’s course: Those applicants are eligible, who have completed 16 years of School education in other countries except Japan.
- Doctoral Course: Those applicants are eligible, who have completed 18 years of school education in other countries except Japan.
- Language: no requirement for IELTS/TOEFL and also Knowledge of Japanese Language is not compulsory.
Method to Check Countries Which has Announced MEXT Scholarship
As stated above, MEXT is announced each year in April 2020. But in Some Countries, MEXT is announced in May 2020, as it differs from Country to Country.
However, the Embassy of Japan in Pakistan, yesterday announced MEXT Scholarship for 2021 and according to the Embassy of Japan in Egypt, MEXT Scholarship will be announced in later may. Visit the official website of MEXT Japanese Scholarship to apply for MEXT Scholarship.