With the aim of the increase in the analysis of the extreme impacts of the climate and climates related effects on society, ICFJ’s Global Climate Reporting Program wants to increase the journalist’s knowledge and capacity. How the climate and the extreme weather and its effects, affect the health of the human and other living things on the earth, how the safety of the earth is affected and how the natural ecosystem is disturbed all that will be learned by the participants from the experts and the participants have to produce stories on these topics. From 10th September to 15th September program will be held in San Francisco 16 journalists will participate in the 2018 Global Climate Action Summit where top experts from fields of climate, sustainability, and inclusive economic growth will come.
host country: United States of America (USA)
organization: United Nations Foundation
Conference venue: San Francisco
Conference duration: 3 days
Conference dates: 12 September 2018 to 14 September 2018
Financial aid: This could be an absolutely funded program. Airfare, lodging, and meals throughout the program are going to be coated by the organizers.
- Participants can visit San Francisco in Sep to attend the2018 international Climate Action Summit, with the support of the UN Foundation.
- ICFJ can organize a virtual orientation to organize participants to hide the conference and to assist develop their story ideas where Journalists can participate in the Summit and canopy stories around climate and property problems. Before the program,
- Participants also will learn knowledge and storytelling methods to enhance their analysis of essential climate-related problems and their effects on communities.
- The applicant should be the professional journalist with the experience in climate issues coverage.
- Journalists from all countries are allowed to apply to the conference.
- Journalists from India, China, Brazil, South Africa, Germany, France, Poland, Japan, Mexico and Australia are especially encouraged to apply.
The one who wants to apply to the ICFJ’s Global Climate Reporting Program has to submit the application form along with the two story ideas he would like to cover in the Global Climate Action Summit.
19th August 2018