The Japan Africa Scholarship (JADS) Program is the program which works in the building of the energy region through skills development for sustainable development. This program is the joint collaboration of Japan and AFDB with the purpose to provide a 2 years scholarship to the eligible graduate African students wants to enable them to undergo postgraduate study in the most developed areas on his or her own continent or other countries.
The comprehensive goal of the AfDB and the japans government is to elaborate the capacities, skills and the recourses of the human in the priority concerned areas with the special focus on the energy sector. The aim of the JADS is the Bank’s High 5 agenda (i.e. Light up and power Africa, Feed Africa, Industrialize Africa, Integrate Africa and Improve the quality of life for the people of Africa) and the development assistance initiative of Japanese to Africa and 6th Tokyo International Conference for African Development (TICAD VI) outcomes.
HOST COUNTRY: Pakistan
FUNDED BY: This JADS program is funded by the Government of Japan.
SCHOLARSHIP DURATION: 2 years
- Economy class air tours into your home country and the host university at the start about the learning application and straight away accordant the stop concerning the exhibition period.
- Tuition for a graduate application and the price concerning simple scientific insurance plan usually near through the university.
- A monthly living grant to cover residing expenses, which includes books.
- For students eager among research, an exclusive provider may additionally remain handy for lookup and essay preparation. In different circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory sound then ignoble similar guides may also be blanketed beneath the scholarship. Please be aware whole JADS scholarships cover the length concerning the graduate application then two years, whichever is less.
- The JADS Scholarship does no longer cover:
- VISA application(s) costs
- Expenses according to carry and/or guide scholar’s family members;
- Extra-curricular courses and training;
- Language coaching no longer supplied by the graduate program;
- Additional travel throughout the path regarding the learning program;
- Expenses associated after supplementary educational materials, area trips, sharing of workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Educational equipment such as computers.
The program is starting in accordance with those whoever hold received acceptance to a chosen Masters Degree direction at a Japanese associate university. Candidates should remain 35 years ancient or younger; in strong health; together with a Bachelor’s degree than its equal of the energy area then related area; and bear an excellent educational record. Upon conclusion regarding their instruction programs, scholars are expected in conformity with an answer in conformity with their home country after making contributions to its pecuniary and associative development.
Details of Eligibility Criteria are provided within as call’s Application Guidelines, and these white eligibility standards are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
Broadly speaking, nationals concerning African nations must:
- Be countrywide about an AfDB feature country;
- Be into honest health;
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) dimension within the energy region (or related field) earned at least 1 years previously to the application closing date;
- Have 1 year and greater regarding latest development-related experience afterward earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
- Be customary unconditionally according to enroll between the upcoming tutorial year among at least certain regarding the JADS associate universities because of a Master’s degree;
- Applicants living and cause between countries other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- JADS does no longer support applicants whichever are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- Not remain an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or penalty concerning entire sorts concerning materials of the African Development Bank Group or a shut blood relation on the aforementioned by blood or receiving together with the time period “close relative” described as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
How to Apply
- JADS application form should be filled by the applicant.
- Applicant has to send his documents (application form, university certificate, and transcript, your CV, professional references and research proposal) to the JADS@AFDB.ORG to the JADS secretariat for the first screening.
- Shortlisted candidates will be selected for the Japanese universities.
- A second screening will be done by the universities and the selected candidate’s list will be sent to the JADS secretariat.
- Candidates will be selected on the selection criteria of the Japanese Executive Director FOR approval.
The JADS application utilizes the following 4 most important elements and the quantity concerning cohesion, according to decrial eligible studentship applications, together with the aim about identifying the candidates with the highest potential, below finishing over their graduate studies, to have an effect on the improvement concerning their countries.
- Quality of Education Background
- Quality of Professional Recommendations
- Quality of Professional Experience
- Quality of Commitment to your Home Country
- Quality of Statement of Purpose
October 31, 2018
APPLY … https://www.afdb.org/en/about-us/careers/japan-africa-dream-scholarship-jads-program/application-procedures/
OFFICIAL LINK… https://www.afdb.org/en/about-us/careers/japan-africa-dream-scholarship-jads-program/