Journalism Fellowship for Mid-career newshounds in Thailand 2019 is now open for programs. candidates, collectively with freelance writers, need to be presently engaged with media institutions or are actively pursuing journalism as a full-time career with the dreams to make clear how disinformation takes place in Southeast Asian global places in completely special contexts that have an effect on numerous human rights: public participation, non-secular, ethnic and cultural discrimination, gender rights, and freedom of expression and different civil liberties
SEAPA is a non-earnings, non-governmental institution campaigning for actual press freedom in Southeast Asia. set up in Bangkok in November 1998, its goals to unite independent reporters’ and press-related businesses in the vicinity proper into a pressure for advocacy and mutual safety. SEAPA’s intention is to provide a dialogue board for the safety of press freedom, giving protection to journalists and nurturing an environment the place free expression, transparency, pluralism and a responsible media subculture can flourish.
- course degree: The 2018 SEAPA Journalism Fellowship is open to mid-profession journalists.
- look at the challenge: The Disinformation and Governance Journalism Fellowship is a danger for writers from print, broadcast and online media to make contributions closer to better understanding of the way disinformation networks feature and their effector position in governance.
- Scholarship Award: a success contributor shall reap a maximum reporting provide of USD 2,000 each to supply well-researched and well-timed in-depth reviews. every profitable fellow might be given between 30-50 p.c (%) of the authorized supply (relying on the submitted, authorized budgets) upon popularity to this machine; the relaxation, upon approval of the remaining reporting output.
- Nationality: candidates ought to be bona fide citizens of any of the Southeast Asian international places: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
- variety of Scholarships: between six (6) and 10 contributors are probably selected for the 2018 SEAPA Journalism Fellowships.
- Scholarship might be taken in Thailand
- Eligible countries: applicants ought to be bona fide citizens of any of the Southeast Asian global locations: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
- The 2018 SEAPA Journalism Fellowship is open to mid-profession newshounds with a minimum of five years of know-how in print, broadcast, and/or online media.
- applicants, together with freelance writers, must be presently engaged with media establishments or are actively pursuing journalism as a complete-time career.
- Journalist candidates would possibly the body of workers up with researchers, public-interest bloggers, or citizen newshounds, furnished they take the lead function in the event of their proposed testimonies.
- the following are strongly stimulated to use:
- women newshounds
- newshounds working outdoors the kingdom capital
- newshounds working in extraordinary or community media
- move-border reporting proposals, or coordinated memories on absolutely unique worldwide locations inside the region, are extraordinarily inspired.
- these can also be submitted inside the type of joint proposals to deliver the minimal output for a single fellowship or as coordinated proposals or a number of offers, with each participant producing the desired output for one fellowship.
- group reporting functions, together with cross-border reporting related to or greater international locations within the region, is probably frequent, supplied that the notion identifies a lead reporter who shall be chargeable for the final output.
- In such instances, each body of workers utility, if authorized, might be entitled to 1 furnish, the quantity of which might be primarily based mostly on the legal price range.
- English Language requirements: applicants will want to have the flexibility to grasp and talk in English.
Applicants should submit the next:
- Updated CV (not more than two pages);
- tale proposal (max. 500 phrases) together with the following:
- specific be counted
- story plan (collectively with a timeframe, in particular for discipline analysis/interviews and writing)
- price range
- hazard assessment: expected risks and mitigation measures related to tale development (Please be conscious that capabilities may also be disapproved of the idea of risks associated with story production.);
- Gender concerns within the content fabric and resources;
- goal output format and plan for a book;
- Motivation letter explaining:
- Why you’re turning into a member of this Fellowship
- the way you count on this Fellowship will make it easier to as a journalist
- Why you expect this tale is related to the Fellowship subject matter
- at least samples of printed in-intensity article/audio/video/multimedia, ideally tales associated with the Fellowship subject matter. Articles to begin with making use of a local language are additionally universal as samples, provided they arrive with an English translation.
- A letter of endorsement from an editor or producer who agrees to post the anticipated tale.
September 10, 2018