Applications Invite for the Fully Funded OCIS Fellowship in the UK. The Chevening Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowship is a collaboration between the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and OCIS. The Fellowship is for those who dedicate to the promotion of academic activities which encourage a more informed understanding of the culture and civilization of Islam and contemporary Muslim societies.
OCIS is the Chevening Fellowships offer financial support for individuals to undertake a period of independent, self-driven research at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies. The Center supports a superior comprehension of the way of life and progress of Islam, and of all parts of contemporary Muslim social orders in their global setting.
At Oxford, it contributes to the multi-disciplinary study of the Muslim world. Beyond Oxford, its role strength through strong international academic links and contacts. It keeps up a scope of projects, including scholarships and fellowships, lectures, and seminar series, and organize regular national and international conferences.
- Country: UK
- Organization: Chevening Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS)
- Course Level: Fellowship
- Course Duration: 6 months
- Eligible Countries: Following are the Eligible Countries
• The Occupied Palestinian Territories
• Turkey (can also apply for Abdullah Gül Fellowship)
Fields Of Discussion:
- Discuss issues relating to the Islamic world including
- Islamic History
- Classical Islamic Sciences
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- And the study of Muslims in the West
- The six-month period of research at OCIS
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy airfare from their home country to the UK
- Allowance package for research-related activities
- Demonstrate the potential to rise to a position of leadership and influence
- Demonstrate the personal, intellectual and interpersonal attributes reflecting this potential.
- Be a citizen of one of the above-listed countries, who will return to your home country at the end of the period of the fellowship
- Hold a postgraduate (PG) level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application
- Not hold dual nationality
- Have significant professional and academic research experience (5+ years)
- Provide evidence of meeting at least the minimum English language abilities for Chevening Awards
- 6th November 2018