Call for services for Professional Fellows Exchange Program for fall 2019. The Gaylord College over Journalism or Mass Communication and the Ronnie K. Irani Center for the Creation regarding Economic Wealth (ICCEW) at the University over Oklahoma is partnering along the U.S. Department concerning State or stakeholders between Pakistan, India, Nepal, yet Kazakhstan to host a five-week professional trade among the United States as consists of a expert company placement at an American little business organization.
This program, funded with the aid of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau regarding Educational or Cultural Affairs’ Professional Fellows Program, wish inject Pakistani, Indian, Nepali or Kazakh mid-level emerging leaders of short and start-up commercial enterprise ventures, business administration, NGOs, commercial enterprise education, incubation hubs, neighborhood education applications or communal entrepreneurship among work little companies of Oklahoma then associate them with certain about America’s propulsion universities. The Professional Fellows Exchange application is scheduled for October 19 after November 16, 2019. The United States Exchange Program wish takes place at the University concerning Oklahoma from October 19 to November 16, 2019.
The program objectives to furnish expert journey or coaching that pleasure tuition participants’ talent and prepare to them for greater responsible leading positions into their businesses, communities, then class into general namely those reply to their countries. In addition, the application will provide U.S.-based tiny business stakeholders an probability after assist together with theirs Pakistani, Indian, Nepali or Kazakh counterparts as it participate among a two-week outbound exchange to the respective nations between Winter, 2019.
HOST COUNTRY: The United States of America
SPONSORED BY: The U.S. Department of State
HOST UNIVERSITY: University of Oklahoma
PROGRAM DURATION: 5 Weeks
PROGRAM DATES: October 19 to November 16, 2019
- Gain exposure to a variety on United States of America business corporations and networks into Oklahoma or Washington, D.C.;
- Participate within weekly face-to-face remarks sessions together with University regarding Oklahoma school in imitation of reflect about their professional experiences for that week;
- Become sensible with the Pakistani-American, Indian-American, Nepali-American and Kazakhstani-American communities into the Oklahoma City metro area;
- Get a conceptual then realistic background for integrating themselves of the American enterprise surroundings via conceptual lectures, discussions then workouts to expose them to ideas associated to budgeting, enterprise plans, artistically communication, priesthood then administration principles, conventional media developments, the business/government interface, intellectual property, contracts and enterprise ethics;
- Get related after a network concerning alumni beyond preceding expert exchanges programs, expert placement providers and university college to facilitate unremitting discussion yet exchange via social networking; and
- Have the opportunity in imitation of reconnect together with Oklahoma stakeholders any intention edit reciprocal visits in conformity with Pakistan, India, Nepal and Kazakhstan.
- Be exposed in accordance with a range regarding business networks among Oklahoma designed in conformity with support start-up businesses then in conformity with governmental/media establishments up to expectation execute impact business;
- Be exposed in accordance with rich cultural experiences up to expectation symbolize Oklahoma’s unique surroundings in particular the Native United States of America experience, yet exposure in accordance with United States of America household life in a variety of settings;
- Be uncovered after the everyday functions over the U.S. business place of work through characteristic expert experiences on four weeks;
- Enhance their leading knowledge in conformity with facilitate tremendous exchange in their places of work and communities as much he improve for my part or professionally;
- Be uncovered to networking possibilities including U.S. placement hosts and companion groups in a continuous dialogue then exchange about ideas, assist and resources.
- This program is fully funded by the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ Professional Fellows Program
Successful candidates choice stay placed of expert company placements with Oklahoman baby businesses. Placements desire stay between October-November, 2019 then members wish consume four weeks with this businesses.
- The advance hebdomad on the program desire remain overpass at each the expert placements then on the University over Oklahoma campus where fellows wish take part in lectures, discussions then practical periods focused about the function of entrepreneurship, economic empowerment and little business of society, the value concerning budgeting, commercial enterprise plans, artistic communication, leadership and administration principles, convivial media developments, the business/government interface and enterprise ethics.
- The closing week of the software will stay overpass of Washington, D.C. the place participants choice potentially visit their respective embassies and journey half about the cultural things to do the metropolis has to offer. Participants will also, earlier than leaving for their home countries, take part in a three-day professional fellow’s convention along contributors of professional exchanges programs out of around the world.
- Be emerging leaders among both unseasonable tribe then the private zone into Pakistan/India/Nepal/Kazakhstan whichever have tested advantage into financial empowerment or entrepreneurial/small business development of the respective countries;
- Have applicable experience and capabilities within the tiny business/entrepreneurship/economic empowerment profession;
- Be both a Pakistani, Indian, Nepali and Kazakh citizen;
- Be involved between experiencing hands-on things to do into a U.S. enterprise then economic empowerment organization;
- Be done to the importance of a sustainable and empowering commercial enterprise sector in a democracy;
- Be trained of written yet spoken fair complexion as the whole alternate software and professional placements choice stand performed of English;
- Be computer-literate;
- Be between the ages of 25 and 40.
Please note to that amount so thou reach the bottom concerning it form, you wish lie requested after upload the fabric listed below. It would remain auspicious to bear it data ready or on hand according to upload as much thou complete the form, consequently you don’t have to appear again to the provision to accumulate such later. Also, be aware that the files listed below bear to stand uploaded at the end of your application structure as much a SINGLE PDF file. You intention reach solely one probability in imitation of add a file, who wishes to be a singular PDF. If you fail to combine you documents into a single PDF, you wish no longer be able to upload every the required documentation and thou will not be brought a probability to suffice lower back or redo that later. Therefore, edit sure you bear these documents on hand yet you bear them blended among an odd PDF before you attempt in imitation of connect something at the end over your application form.
- A one-page cover letter, including a statement that you will comply with program requirements.
- A two-page resume.
- A copy of university/college degree or other professional qualifications.
- Two letters of recommendation (written in English). These letters cannotbe written more than two months prior to the application submission date and must include the following information:
- What is the author’s relationship to the applicant?
- How long have they known the applicant?
- How the applicant does: Collaborate with others? Adapt to new environments? Exhibit leadership qualities? Exhibit creativity and innovativeness?
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this program, fill out the online application form on the next page. Note that all application and supporting material MUST be provided in English. The deadline for submitting the online application is April 25, 2019. The grantee organization and its partner organizations will review applications from the first week of May 2019 onward and set up in-person interviews with a shortlist of candidates in the respective countries in July 2019.
If you have questions, contact program director Elanie Steyn ([email protected]) at the University of Oklahoma.
April 25, 2019