Candidates are invited to apply to the World Trade Organization Young Professional Programme 2020. The WTO young professional program will be for the period of one year.
The WTO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a unique possibility for qualified younger experts beyond eligible increasing and least-developed country (LDC) WTO Members, to decorate their potential and abilities concerning WTO or global profession issues.
The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the solely world international company behavior together with the regulations concerning career in nations. At its heart are the WTO agreements, negotiated and signed by means of the size concerning the world’s trading nations and ratified in their parliaments. The goal is to ensure so much profession flows namely smoothly, predictably or openly as much possible
The collection coverage about the WTO is to beg according to attract or retain punishment individuals providing the best requirements of competence, efficiency, and integrity. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the WTO offers perfect deem to excellence and diversity.
HOST ORGANISATION: World Trade Organization WTO
PROGRAM DURATION: One Year
AREAS OF WORK
The elected Young Professional wish stay placed into a specific Division of the WTO Secretariat of accordance with the needs and priorities on the Organization and primarily based concerning the recognized areas over activity on the Young Professional. Each Young Professional can also specific interest within no longer extra than 3 areas about WTO job, and in order of preference.
The areas of work may include, inter alia, the following (in alphabetical order):
- Council and Trade Negotiations
- Dispute Settlement
- Economic Research and Statistics
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Market Access (tariffs and non-tariff barriers)
- Media and External Relations
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary measures
- Technical Barriers to Trade
- Trade and Development
- Trade and Environment
- Trade Facilitation
- Trade in Services and Investment
- Trade Policy Analysis
- Trade-Related Technical Assistance.
- Trade Remedies (anti-dumping and countervailing duties)
- Selected applicants will receive CHF 3,500 monthly salary
- Advanced university degree in law economics, or other international trade-related subjects relevant to the work of the WTO.
Knowledge and skills:
- General expertise regarding the labor over the WTO.
- Good drafting abilities in English. Ability after draft between French and/or Spanish would stay an advantage.
- Ability to labor independently and of a team.
- Demonstrated strong interest within global vocation and the multilateral trading system.
- Commitment and ardor for trade and WTO-related work.
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience relevant to the work of the WTO.
- Fluency among English. A excellent deed potential both French or Spanish would stay an advantage
- Preference shall be attached to nationals out of WTO Members besides some illustration at the professional level in the Secretariat; and hold not participated between preceding cohorts on the YPP. The list of such WTO Members as at 1 March 2019 is set out below:
- Kingdom of Bahrain,
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- The State of Kuwait,
- Kyrgyz Republic
- People’s Democratic Republic of Lao
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- United Arab Emirates
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit applications through the e-recruitment system along with a cover letter of motivation. Instructions to add the cover letter is as follows: Once the application for the Young Professionals Programme has been submitted, your application will be displayed under the “My Applications” tab. Applicants should click on the button “Add” for the specific vacancy under the “Covering letter” column. Cover letters added in other sections of the applicant profile such as “Additional Information” or “Additional Documents”.
The application deadline for World Trade Organization Young Professional Programme 2020 is 15 April 2019 CET.