Thomson Foundation Journalism Competition 2019 invited the applicants to the competition in the field of journalism to leads a showcase for mobile journalism (‘mojo’) talent. Applicants are required to post a feature announcement and news document filmed then edited completely concerning a mobile device, which excites intrigues and surprises and demonstrates influence or creativity. In fellowship including Mojofest, the competition is nowadays among its fifth year. Every spring, services are invited beside these anybody has what such takes to emerge as the next mojo star.
In 2018, the competition attracted 143 entries from 49 countries, including Sierra Leone, Yemen, Kyrgyzstan, Ecuador, the Philippines and New Zealand. The increasing range of entries each 12 months beyond around the world demonstrates whether the cell phone has enabled an instant generation regarding journalists.
HOST COUNTRY: Ireland
HOST ORGANISATION: Thomson Foundation
- Prize 1: The champion will receive return flights to Galway, Ireland, five-star accommodation and tickets to Mojofest out of 6-8th June 2019, a competition dedicated to cellular journalism and headed up by means of one concerning the near respected mojo voices of the industry, Glen Mulcahy.
- Prize 2: Five runners on will also acquire uninterrupted get right of entry to after Glen’s advanced mobile journalism online direction out of our Journalism Now programme.
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
- Only one access care of person. Entries regarding behalf regarding another man or woman choice now not keep established or peace submissions are no longer allowed.
- Thomson Foundation accepts no responsibility because of entries that are tardy then imperfect then cannot be delivered then entered for any technical or other reason.
HOW TO ENTER FOR A THOMSON FOUNDATION JOURNALISM COMPETITION 2019?
- Create a mobile journalism story, either a characteristic yet TV-style news file together with a move period over 2-5 minutes. The close important issue is so the announcement is audit then edited entirely concerning a mobile machine (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, RIM Blackberry, etc) then up to expectation the video content is delivered within high rating.
- The story must be produced by ONE individual and entries will be marked on the following:
- Journalism:Originality and credibility of the story, demonstrating original research, effort and use of interviews.
- Impact:Importance of the subject matter and the impact the story has achieved.
- Uniqueness to medium:Innovative and appropriate use of mobile-recording techniques.
- Storytelling:Clarity of the storytelling.
- Technical quality:Technical quality of the production.
- Entries should ideally be in English, however, other languages with on-screen subtitles are acceptable.
12 April, 2019