The VUB AVN is calling applications for doctoral (Ph.D.) scholarship in nuclear safety and radiation protection to study in Belgium. This scholarship is available to students from EU or EEA or Switzerland.
The VUB AVN Fund aims to finance a four-year doctoral scholarship within the nuclear safety and radiation protection research domain. A doctoral scholarship will be funded every four years.
- Country: Belgium
- Scholarship Provider: The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is an internationally oriented university in Brussels, the heart of Europe. By delivering high-quality research and customized education, the VUB wants to make an active and committed contribution to a better society. That is our mission.
- Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Doctoral (PhD) programme.
- Scholarship Benefits: Staff costs Ph.D. student + 10% operational allowance.
- Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of nuclear safety and radiation protection.
- Eligible Nationalities: Available to students from EU or of the EEA or Switzerland.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• The supervisor is at least 10% ZAP member of one of the VUB faculties.
• The doctoral student has a master’s degree awarded in one of the countries of the EU or of the EEA or Switzerland.• The doctoral student obtained this diploma with at least the mention “distinction” (cum laude).
• The supervisor and the doctoral student agree with the obligations annually and scientifically financial report and submit it to the steering committee of the VUB AVN Fund and the VUB AVN. Fund to mention in any scientific publication or communication related to its research project.
• The promoter and doctoral student act in accordance with the applicable VUB regulations.
Language: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure: Application and selection procedure
- The supervisor must work separately or in collaboration with a candidate doctoral student research proposal of a maximum of 5 pages, containing at least the following items: title of the project, an acronym, situating the research, the research objectives, the research strategy and a work plan made up of work packages, deliverables, and milestones. Work packages clearly include defined tasks.
- The proposal is submitted via e-mail: Foundation-at-vub.be
- The applications are screened for admissibility (completeness and admission criteria).
- The selection is based on two admission criteria: project and application possibilities.
- The steering committee of the VUB AVN Fund decides on the approval of the research project and the renewal of the doctoral scholarship.
July 15, 2018
[button-red url=”http://vubtechtransfer.be/news/call-doctoral-phd-scholarship-in-nuclear-safety-and-radiation-protection/” target=”_self” position=”left”]Apply now[/button-red]