The Vanier CGS (Canada Graduate Scholarships) was built to invite and retain world best doctoral students and to stabilize Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher education. The scholarships are for the doctoral degree or a combined degree (MA/ Ph.D. or MD/ Ph.D.)
- Country: Canada
- Organization: Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation. Without exception, the Vanier CGS is tenable only at the eligible Canadian institution that submitted the nomination.
- Course Level: doctoral degree
- Course Duration: 3 years
- No.Of scholarships: Up to 167 scholarships awarded annually
- Eligible Countries/Candidates: Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are likely to be nominated for a Vanier CGS
Field of study
- Ph.D. programmes (or combined MA/ Ph.D. or MD/ Ph.D.) in health research
- natural sciences and engineering research
- social sciences and humanities research
- The scholarships are $50,000/-year for 3 years.
- Be marked by just a single Canadian organization, which more likely than not got a Vanier CGS amount; Be seeking after your first doctoral degree (counting joint undergrad/graduate research program, for example, MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D. – on the off chance that it has a shown and noteworthy research segment). Note that lone the Ph.D. part of a joined degree is qualified for financing;
- Expect to seek after, in the late spring semester or the scholastic year following the declaration of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program, for example, MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the assigning establishment; Note that exclusive the Ph.D. segment of a joined degree is qualified for subsidizing;
- Not have finished over 20 months of doctoral examinations as of May 1, 2019
- Have accomplished a five star regular, as controlled by your foundation, in every one of the most recent two long stretches of full-time study or equal.
- Must not carry, or have held, a doctoral degree scholarship or partnership from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to embrace or finish a doctoral degree.
- Candidates must nominate by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
- Applications initiated in one of two ways. Either the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program OR the institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
- Applications prepared by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system. The nominating institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 31 October 2018.
For further details click on the “Official Link” in the below.`
before 31 Oct 2018 (annual)
[button-brown url=”http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html” target=”_self” position=”left”]Official Link[/button-brown]