Applications are invited to apply to the UN Women Internship Programme 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland. This internship program is going to be held in Geneva, Switzerland for the duration of 6 months
The Office goals to accelerate transformative exchange via putting women’s leading and theirs middle position of community resilience at the bottom about prevention, preparedness or answer efforts. Grounded in the imaginative and prescient about parity enshrined in the Charter about the United Nations, UN Women mill because of the elimination regarding difference against girls or girls; the empowerment about women; or the fulfillment concerning balance of girls and men as like partners and beneficiaries of development, ethnical rights, humanitarian labor then peace, or security.
The Office has pair units into New York City, USA, and Geneva, Switzerland. HACRO grants functions to UN Women country or partial offices through integrated, multifunctional coverage and programme teams specialized between prevention, preparedness, explanation then resilience building, and via imparting standby capacity.
UN Women’s Humanitarian Action or Crisis Response Office (HACRO) promotes effect parity or women’s empowerment throughout the humanitarian – improvement leash as like a matter concerning rights, effectiveness, accountability, or sustainability. As a policy, thematic or programme assist workplace for curvature international locations then frail states, HACRO supports field places of work prepare, prevent and respond after disasters or adulation within a gender-responsive manner.
HOST COUNTRY: Switzerland
HOST ORGANISATION: United Nations
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: Geneva
INTERNSHIP AREA: Humanitarian Action and Crisis Response Office
INTERNSHIP DURATION: 6 Months
- Increased understanding over UN Women’s job and the UN system;
- Learning the assignment in create or humanitarian action between an international environment;
- Meeting or networking together with UN Women colleagues within other units;
- Working as a team part in a multicultural setting;
- Gaining capabilities referring to on line instruction then study methodologies, structures and systems
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support lookup analysis after discover good practices, data and records required by using the thematic areas inclusive of a literature stricture regarding good practices, effects among mapping & collecting information etc.
- Provide assist between the improvement about donor proposals, programme file and other programming archives /advocacy papers related to HACRO Geneva thematic functions lines.
- Support along populating HACRO’s web portals along terrific content material beyond various UN Women initiatives then partners.
- Provide other assistance namely required.
- Support in programme development among areas about DRR then Resilience, LEAP and SCE.
- Provide guide between organizing meetings/events within Geneva consisting of instruction meeting documents, invitations and logistics arrangements as like when required.
- Support the development over communication/advocacy materials for UN Women HACRO thematic portfolios.
- Support the partition into drafting historical past documents, concept notes, briefing documents, reports, gratuity slides etc.
- The intern must have well-acquainted into conventional sciences, global development, gender, education, communication, economics, press or mean comparable topics at the university level;
- Be enrolled among a graduate school programme (second university dimension or equivalent, or higher); lie enrolled of the remaining academic 12 months about a first college rate programme (minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent); and bear graduated with a university degree and, if selected, should begin the internship inside a one-year duration on graduation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is considered an advantage.
- Proficient IT abilities are required; abilities with sketch then design are a plus;
- Ability to assignment among multi-cultural, multi-ethnic surroundings is essential;
- The intern needs to have an intensive feel on responsibility, a flexible then proactive mindset, yet the capability to work independently.
UN WOMEN INTERNSHIP POLICY
- Applicants to the United Nations internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) or (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- UN Women internship programme does not grant a earnings or consideration for the internship;
- All the costs connected with the internship wish remain borne by way of the intern, sponsoring Government and institution;
- UN Women accepts no responsibility for charges bobbing up beyond accidents and/or illness then loss of life incurred throughout the internship;
- The intern is accountable because acquiring crucial visas and arranging tour to and beyond the obligation rank where the internship pleasure keep performed;
- Interns are no longer eligible to appeal because of or remain adorn to positions within the professional or on class between UN WOMEN for the duration of the length on the internship or for 6 months straight away consequent the expiration persimmon on an internship;
- The intern need to furnish tightly closed regarding application in a fitness insurance plan, impenetrable on school enrollment, a scanned copy regarding his/her passport, twain letters regarding recommendation, and application.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are encouraged to submit the application electronically along with an uploaded resume
- Enter your statistics here.
- Items along a * are required before continuing.
- You will lie requested to upload your resume afterwards you put up this form. Please note to that amount the system will now not receive the uploading over greater than one document hence opt immerse then scan entire your archives into certain formerly to uploading
- You choice acquire an affirmation email from the UNDP Office regarding Human Resources.
- If ye trip someone technical difficulties with it application, choose contact email@example.com
- Please notice to that amount as like UNDP´s ingathering approaches are decentralized, job-specific queries may additionally be introduced after the hiring unit once they’ve expressed interest of your application.
- The last date to apply for UN Women Internship Programme 2019 is 25th March 2019 (Midnight New York, USA).