Applications are currently invited for the African Development Bank Group AfDB Internship Program 2019. There are 80 member states, inclusive of 54 within Africa (Regional Member Countries). . The Bank’s development agenda is handing over pecuniary and empiric assist for transformative tasks that wish significantly reduce poverty thru thoroughgoing or sustainable monetary growth. The Internship application is share on a wider Talent Management Framework who helps the Bank to relinquish regarding the Ten Year Strategy then the High 5s. The 2019 Internship Program for Africans starts off evolved among mid-July 2019 through December 2019.
Established into 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the pristine pan-African improvement institution, promoting economic boom then conventional progress throughout the continent In method to fast center of attention the goals of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) or insure increased developmental impact, 5 principal areas (High 5s), every about who pleasure speed up our shipping because of Africa, have been recognized for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality about life for the human beings regarding Africa.
HOST ORGANIZATION: African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
INTERNSHIP DURATION: Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
INTERNSHIP BENEFITS: Eligible Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Students will have the chance to get experience in the professional and practical fields at the African Development Bank.
- Bank will also be provided with the group of young potential candidates for future recruitment purposes. Moreover, the candidates have not to expect that they will have the immediate employment with the bank.
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, the focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure, and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The fields of study beyond which interns are chosen have to stay inside the job families on the Bank, in particular Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education or Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field regarding discipline that the Bank might also account relevant to its operations.
- Special deliberation shall be found to students whichever are working concerning initiatives so hold an advice bearing on the mission over the Bank.
- Internships shall be performed either at the Bank’s center within Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) or of someone one regarding the Bank’s area offices or Regional Centers.
To be eligible for an internship, applicants should join the accordant criteria:
- Students, chronic between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled among a Master’s degree dosage application or its equivalent within a diagnosed people or personal organization about higher learning.
- The candidature execute request for an internship within some (1) year of forlorn obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter beyond their college confirming their assignment and a replica on the above-mentioned Degree.
- To pray for it position, you necessity to remain national of some regarding AfDB member countries.
- Applicants must lie profuse into at least one regarding the Banks’ couple pursuit languages (English or French).
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct: [email protected]
14 May 2019