Biometric is the estimation and measurable investigation of individuals’ physical and behavioral attributes. Biometric is self-working methods of recognizing a person.
It also gives the authorization to enter in the restricted area like Bank Vault, Danger zone, High-Security Zone, or like an entrance to the White House in the USA etc.
Features of Bio Metric Technology
Most important feature is Fingerprint. It tells the personal identification of an individual. It matches the pattern which are stored in devices to identify the personal identity. When you want to open bank account, the Manager sees yours NIC (National Identity Card) and then verified by your Fingerprint and then again also verify from NADRA headquarter servers. It is also used to open smartphone by fingerprint sensor.
2. Face Recognition
It includes a digital camera for grant access. It scans full face scheme. It is used for security purposes like entering in to high security zone. No one can steal your face for Access the Items/Data, only you can Access the data.
3. Iris Recognition
Iris is the pupil in the eyes. It inspects the colored ring of tissue that surrounds the pupil. The scanning device attached to eyes is to deep scanning the tissue for identifying the individual identity.
4. Voice Recognition
Voice authorization is commonly uses in security areas. It Analyzes the Voice/Audio wave’s patterns which matches/verify the stored wave’s pattern and then open the gateway for entrance.
5. Gait Recognition
It recognizes the individual by walking style or gait.
6. Eyes/Retina Recognition
It Recognize the layer of blood vessels situated at the back of the eye. However, this technique requires a low-intensity light source through an optical couple to scan the unique blood vessels pattern of the retina.
7 Hand/Geometry Recognition
Analyze the shape of hand by the lengths of Finger and the width of the hand to identify an individual identity.
Advantages of Bio-Metric Technology
- Bio-Metric authorization is not fake in many cases.
- It can authorize the identification within few seconds.
- Provide strong Authorization.
- The return of Invest (ROI) of a Bio-metric system is always high. Because of no Fraud can be made and no thieve can steal the property /Items.
- You don’t have to Carry ID’s because your face, Fingerprint is your ID’s and that is always with you.
Disadvantages of Bio-Metric Technology
- If somebody has a copy of Iris patterns or Fingerprint pattern then you are not safe.
- Hackers has a found a way to access Android smartphones by using a Backdoor Software’s and Hacker can Accessed the Fingerprint pattern and misuse it and can modify it.
- Some Problem in Facial Recognition by incoming Lightness or Facial Expression or by Hair Interference may disturb authorization process.
- Inconvenience in voice recognition that if there is a noise in the background it will not work accurately.
- Bio-Metric is very expensive.
- Due to bad health, low blood pressure and illness; face and Iris of the individual can’t be detect by the Servers of Bio-Metric for the identification, Because of bad health, the person’s Face or Eye is Little bit changed.
- If individual place his finger on a glass, a Smart thief can captured it by the modern way (thief can stole the patterns by spraying the area of the glass and paste the plastic on it, in this way he can steal the Fingerprint on a Plastic) and misuse it.
In-short Bio Metric Technology is the future of security services. Bio Metric helps to recognize people for identification. It reduces crimes at least at a very low level. Bio Metric can be very helpful if used properly and with care.