The Harvard Academy for International and national Studies, a foundation of the Weatherhead Center for International Affairs at Harvard University, supports the Academy Scholars Program. This program is available to all ongoing Ph.D. beneficiaries and doctoral applicants.
The Academy Scholars Program distinguishes and underpins extraordinary researchers toward the beginning of their vocations whose work consolidates disciplinary greatness in the sociologies (counting history and law) with a charge of the dialect, history, or culture of non-Western nations or districts. Their grant may explain household, near, or transnational issues, past or display.
Applications are welcome from qualified people without respect to nationality, gender, or race.
- Country: USA
- Organization: The Harvard Academy
- Course Level: Graduate (doctoral research)
- Course Duration: 2 years
- No. Of scholarships: Each year four to five Academy Scholars named
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of ALL countries
Field of study
- Social sciences
- Foundation Scholars are named for a long time by the Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies and give time, direction, and access to Harvard University offices. They get generous budgetary and research help to attempt maintained undertakings of study and gain adornment preparing in their picked fields and regions.
- The Senior Scholars, a recognized gathering of senior Harvard University employees, go about as tutors to the Academy Scholars to enable them to accomplish their scholarly potential.
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will get a yearly stipend of $67,000, and predoctoral Academy Scholars will get an annual pay of $31,000. This stipend supplemented by subsidizing for gathering and research travel, explore aides, and medical coverage scope.
- Some teaching is permitted but not required.
- The Academy Scholars Program is available to researchers from all nations and citizenships.
- The program considers candidates who as of now enlisted in or who have as of late finished a Ph.D. or on the other hand similar doctoral program in the sociologies. Predoctoral hopefuls probably completed all field inquire about and be in the written work phase of their paper at the season of use. If you have finished a Ph.D. program, the Ph.D. finishing date must be inside three long stretches of the October 1 application due date.
- Those possessing a Ph.D. longer than three years are ineligible.
- It isn’t essential to apply effectively as a predoctoral or postdoctoral hopeful, as the Selection Committee considers all candidates in a single candidate pool. Do be that as it may, show your foreseen fulfillment date to the Committee.
- Finalists must be accessible to the movement for an individual meeting on the December 15, 2015 meeting date. The Harvard Academy will mastermind and pay for all movement and inn lodging for the finalists to meet in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
Candidates must submit all application and documents by the deadline. The completed form will include:
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé
3. Research proposal (2500 word maximum)
4. Official Ph.D. program transcript
5. Three letters of recommendation
The online application access through the landing page of the Academy’s site. All sections of the application are submitted online except the authority Ph.D. program transcript which must mail to the Academy.
For more information details click on the icon below “Official Link.” it has all the information you need about the application form.
October 1, 2018
[button-brown url=”https://academy.wcfia.harvard.edu/programs/academy_scholar” target=”_self” position=”left”]Official Link[/button-brown]