Call for applications for Lahore University of Management Sciences Model United Nations LUMUN SRP Summer Internship & Summer Projects 2018.
The Lahore University of Management Sciences Model United Nations Society, more commonly known as LUMUN, was founded in 2002. Ever since LUMUN has been the pioneer of Model United Nations in the country. It hosted Pakistan’s first ever MUN in 2003 and has been the leading host of MUNs in the country ever since. From the beginning till today, LUMUN has explored various ventures and has been successful in a significant number of them as well. It has grown as a conference simulating 11 different committees of the United Nations and also hosts a simulation of the national parliament through its own Youth Leadership Parliament – YLP. LUMUN has participated in various international MUN conferences as well, such as MUNTR, and WorldMUN, and has won a few of them on several occasions in the past.
- Country: Pakistan
- Company: Lahore University of Management Sciences Model United Nations Society (LUMUN)
- Internship Dates:
- Karachi: 2nd July – 16th July.
- Lahore: 2nd July – 19th July.
- Islamabad: 2nd July – 19th July
- Summer Projects Dates: 2nd July-20th July
There are also Many other Summer Internships Programs in Pakistan and internationally which are given below. More Details about Lahore University of Management Sciences Model United Nations LUMUN SRP Summer Internship & Summer Projects 2018 are below
There are three different Programs by LUMUN Social Responsibility Program.
The learning project:
The LUMUN Social Responsibility Program is launching its Summer Internship in collaboration with NGOs in Islamabad, Karachi, and Lahore. The Summer Internship will focus on providing education to the underprivileged children in various Government Schools and Low-fee Private Institutes. Some of the notable organizations working with us are Harsukh, CICF, Master Ayub Academy and Mashal Foundation.
- The role of an intern is to act as a volunteer in the school he/she has been assigned to. They will have to show up there regularly and teach the students there the designed curriculum. They will be working alongside other interns and shall be responsible for ensuring that the curriculum is being communicated in an appropriate and engaging manner. Additionally, for Lahore, you need to tell us where you are located, and we shall assign you a school accordingly. However, for Islamabad and Karachi, you have the option of deciding which school you would like to volunteer at.
- This application is open to only O and A level, Matric/ F.Sc and LUMS students
- For applicants from Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi
The Environmental Project & The Empowerment Project:
LUMUN Social Responsibility Program is launching a three Summer Projects in Lahore and Karachi. The Summer Projects will enable the interns to work on social issues that are slowly gaining limelight in our society. In Lahore, the interns will get the opportunity to work with the new Transgender school, called the Gender Guardian.
- Interns will be required to engage in fundraising activities and increase the presence of the organization on social media.
- Through our Summer Project, they can also work at a women’s rights organization called Women In Struggle For Empowerment (WISE) and engage in grass root level fieldwork.
- In Karachi, SRP brings an interesting project which aims to tackle the current environmental issues Pakistan deals with. Interns will be required to work closely with the Core Team of an organization called the Urban Forest and plant trees.
- Please note that due to limited capacity and the unique skill set that these projects require, the department will only choose the best and complete applications.
- The Summer Projects are open for the LUMS Student Body and Alevel/Fsc/University Students of Lahore and Karachi.
- The environmental project is open to all in Karachi and the empowerment project is open to all in Lahore.
Below mentioned are the basic requirements to qualify for these projects:
The Gender Guardian: Interns should possess any of the following skills: Photography, Video Making, and Editing, Graphic Designing, Content Writing, Marketing.
- For Graphic Designers: Creativity and experience with any design software (such as Adobe).
- People who have experience in marketing and fundraising will be preferred.
- Preference will also be given to candidates who own a DSLR.
- Please note that to qualify you are required to send your sample piece to Lumun.email@example.com.
WISE: Good research skills
- Urban Forest: Skills such as Graphic Designing( experience with Adobe or any other design software) and Videography.
- Please note that to qualify for the position you are required to send your samples to Lumun.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application deadline for LUMUN SRP Summer Internship & Summer Projects Intern is 17th June, 2018