Applications are invited for the fellowship arranged by the African Leadership Center the peace and security fellowship for the women of Africa for 2019-2020. This is the fully funded fellowship for the duration of one year. This fellowship is divided into two phases each one consist of 6 months.
The Fellowships convey collectively African women in the early stages of their careers according to assume responsibility a carefully designed education programme of conflict, security, or development. This Genus programme is aimed at challenging the existing tendency to that amount seems to strengthen the person dominant teaching concerning struggle or security-related matters. It is supposed so much this programme will educate African girls to advance a better perception about African peace and security issues, within discipline in accordance with amplify their participation among combat administration processes and other areas on safety worries for Africans. Successful Fellows about the ALC community intention have the popularity over full-time students on the post-graduate non-degree programme at ALC/King’s College London then keep branch status at the University over Nairobi, Kenya.
It pleasure additionally boost a community over African female students cause among the area while linking to them including the peace, security and development mechanisms about African native institutions. This education is accompanied by a loving to an African Regional Organization or a Centre regarding Excellence to accumulate practical ride in the discipline of peace and security. They are funded through the Open Society Institute or the African Women’s Development Fund.
HOST ORGANISATION: African Leadership Center
FELLOWSHIP DURATION: One-year Peace & Security Fellowships divided into two six-month phases.
This is a fully funded* opportunity, not including any visa application and processing costs.
- Funds will be made available to the Fellows to cover tuition, subsistence between the UK and Africa, and tour prices associated to the programme within both phases.
- While funding wish stay done handy to grant for accommodation, successful applicants are expected after locate their very own accommodation both among the UK and Africa.
- Fellows are high counseled to fulfill whole vital accommodation preparations prior to taking above their positions on the Fellowship Programme.
This is a one-year Fellowship, divided into two six-month phases.
- Phase 1
- The preceding phase will be delivered at the ALC, Nairobi or King’s College London.
- During the training, the Fellows will stand encouraged to put in significantly together with the advice over conflict, security, or improvement among Africa.
- They wish also go to and education institutions cause among the discipline regarding peace and security between Africa and Europe.
- This section wish include a simulation seminar series at some stage in which mock conflict management situations wish keep practiced.
- Phase 2
In the 2nd phase, Fellows will be attached after an African Regional Organization or Centre regarding Excellence to undertake realistic employment among the discipline concerning peace and security which includes joint and hostilities management processes.
Mentoring: During each phases, Fellows intention bear access to the programme’s community concerning mentors, in the form over everyday team mentoring or coaching on resolution thematic issues. One-on-one mentoring classes choice also stand encouraged, after assist guide students via the programme.
Research Project: In the 12 months of the training, Fellows will be anticipated in accordance with lead a lookup project regarding a resolution factor of peace, security, and development, up to expectation is of block along pick out elements of the ALC Research Agenda over “Peace, Society yet the State among Africa”. They intention production a research file (8000 to 10000 words) or a coverage brief out of their research. These policy briefs intention stay published or disseminated amongst different organizations in peace and security, within the area.
- Candidates have to remain lady residents concerning African countries.
- Successful candidates must maintain legitimate tour archives previously to acceptance.
- Candidates should bear potential of, or experience regarding women’s rights, effect and development issues.
- Candidates should stand capable to demonstrate a dedication to make contributions in accordance with labor on league and protection in Africa.
- Candidates need to lie able to reveal the potential according to assume responsibility lookup about troubles relating to peace and security of Africa.
- Candidates have to reveal the commitment after the core values regarding the programme: Independent thinking; Integrity; Pursuit of Excellence; and Respect for variety within whole its forms.
- Candidates must hold an applicable institutional inferior or stay encouraged by way of an enterprise along which he bear been worried for at least two years. Exceptional candidates barring such organizational ties may also stay given one-of-a-kind consideration.
- Candidates must hold a demonstrable sketch because or in imitation of utilizes abilities won into the community upon answer according to their nations and/ or organizations.
- Candidates have to keep a Master’s or Bachelor’s quantity along an equivalent stage concerning professional experience.
- Candidates need to be fluent among spoken or written English.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted ONLINE where you need to create an account to apply.
Before you begin your application, please take time to carefully go through the online application
guidance available here
The following documents are required before your application will be considered complete:
- A letter regarding application detailing your relevant experience and qualifications.
- An assisting announcement no longer than 1,000 words, detailing why you suppose as this the programme is important and after plans for enrollment including peace and security issues.
- 2 letters of suggestion (To be received without delay from the Referees by the deadline of 23:59 hrs, 30 April 2019. Applicants intention provides names and relation over referees; referees pleasure below get hold of an email notification asking to them after submits the reference).
- Recent curriculum vitae.
- One composition pattern about preceding work (maximum 2000 phrases – an instance perform consist of an unique research paper, extracts beside the dissertation, arrangement paper, policy delivery note relevant according to peace and security, etc).
- One lookup idea over no extra than one thousand words regarding a subject matter attitude together with anybody certain on the following three sets about questions:
- What role does beget lead within the peace, security, and development challenges between Africa?
- How does create affect the contested relationships between citizens or the government within Africa? What are the implications because of African governance?
- How are worldwide normative frameworks, within particular, UNSCR 1325 or ignoble related resolutions, influencing regional league or safety mechanisms between Africa?
- What president ship issues confront the next generation of policy makers or practitioners, in search of more inclusive and participatory options to incomplete of the peace, protection or improvement dilemmas among Africa?
All aiding files need to be facing by way of the online portal. Please note that no email applications will be accepted. If you are experiencing problems with the online application portal, please contact us at email@example.com We encourage all applicants to submit their applications early to avoid delays and failure to submit because of technical challenges.
30 April 2019.