The wait is over open Applications for Rhodes Scholarship Program 2018-2019 at the University of Oxford in the UK. The Rhodes Scholarship is a postgraduate award supporting exceptional students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. The Scholarship aims to nurture public-spirited leaders for the world’s future.
The Rhodes Trust provides the Rhodes Scholarships in partnership with Second Century Founder, John McCall MacBain, and other generous benefactors.
The Rhodes Trust is an educational charity whose principal activity is to support scholars selected from 14 constituencies to study at the University of Oxford.
• Country: United Kingdom
• University: University of Oxford
• Sponsored Organization: Rhodes Trust
• Course Level: Post Graduate Courses
• No.of Scholarships: Ninety-five outstanding young women and men are awarded the Scholarship each year.
- The Scholarship includes full tuition, a maintenance stipend, and flights to and from Oxford at the beginning and end of tenure
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarship:
• Citizenship & residency: You must meet the citizenship/residency requirements of one of the Rhodes constituencies – please refer to our full list of Rhodes constituencies and the countries they include. If you do not meet any of these requirements, then you can apply for our new Global Rhodes Scholarship.
• Age: The age limit is 18-24 years old till 1 October in the year of application( Note: Not below 18 or above 24). There is some variation on the upper age limit across constituencies depending on the local environment. Please check the specific age requirements for your constituency carefully before applying. Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not defer.
• Education: Rhodes Scholars probably finished a Bachelor’s degree before coming up to Oxford, to an adequately elevated expectation to meet both the Rhodes and the Oxford criteria. It will be perfect if you advise the nitty gritty data gave by the voting demographic to which you are applying on How to use for a Rhodes Scholarship page and the plan pages of the University of Oxford. NB Some voting demographics require fulfillment of your college degree in the time of utilization for the Scholarship.
How to Apply:
- Please carefully read the detailed Information for Candidates specific to the country/region to which you are applying.
- Click on Apply Now and start filling your application form according to your country.
- Though expressed in the ancient language of the founding documents (see History of the Rhodes Trust), the selection criteria governing selection across all Rhodes constituencies remain as relevant today as they were over 100 years ago:
- Literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- Energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, mainly where teamwork is involved
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- The moral power of character and impulses to lead, and to appreciate one’s kindred creatures.
- These are the fundamental characteristics which Selection Committees are searching. However, their encapsulation will be differing and exceptional to each.
- Choice Committees in every Rhodes electorate are comprised of senior Rhodes Scholars (Rhodes graduated class) and recognized non-Scholar individuals from the neighborhood network, who speak to a variable scope of experience and ability.
The application timelines are varying by country. Please check the individual programs web page for each state.
[button-red url=”https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply/” target=”_self” position=”left”]Apply Now[/button-red]
[button-brown url=”https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/application-overview/” target=”_self” position=”left”]Official Link[/button-brown]