- For master’s scholarship is 1.5 to 2 years and
- For the doctoral scholarship is 3 to 4 years.
Romania Government Scholarship 2020Details Host Country
- Click here to find the list of Universities in Romania under Scholarships offered by the Romanian State to foreign citizens through the MFA
- By the Romanian state through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Bachelors Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- 85 International Scholarships for the year 2020
- Bachelor’s Scholarships (3-6 Years)
- Masters Scholarships (1.5-2 Years)
- PhD Scholarships (3-4 Years)
Area of StudyRomanian Government Scholarship covers the following fields of study:
- Visual arts
- Romanian culture and civilization
- Political and administrative sciences
- Education sciences
- Social and human sciences
- Technical studies
- Oil and gas
- Agricultural sciences
- Veterinary medicine
Scholarship BenefitsRomania Government Scholarship covers the following benefits:
- Free of Charge Tuition Fee
- Free of Charge Accommodation
- A Monthly Stipend of;
- 65 EURO/Month, for Undergraduate Students (1st cycle)
- 75 EURO/Month, for Master Studies (2nd cycle)
- 85 EURO/Month, for Postgraduate Students (Doctorate Degree) (3rd cycle).
Documents Required for ScholarshipThe application file must contain the following documents:
- Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence;
- The MFA application form (APPENDIX 1) for a scholarship in Romania, filled in correctly;
- The MER application form (APPENDIX 2) for the issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania;
- Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees, if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian, if required;
- Legalized copies of matriculation sheets/diploma supplements related to graduate studies and their legalized translation, if applicable;
- Legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian;
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport;
- The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies; Curriculum Vitae of the applicant;
- Recent photos – 2 pieces, passport format.
- Proof of name change (if applicable) – copy and legalized translation.
- The certificate attesting the passing of the baccalaureate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral exam, as the case may be, for current year’s graduates – copy and certified translation.
- Certificate of graduation of the Romanian preparatory year or Language Proficiency Certificate, if applicable.
- Declaration on parental consent in case of juvenile candidates (in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian).
Eligibility Criteria for Romania Government Scholarship 2020
- Foreign citizens coming from all the states of the world are eligible (Except European Countries)
- The applicant for the scholarship must not hold Romanian citizenship
- The applicant for the scholarship is not, until 31 December of the year in which he/she was nominated, more than 35 years of age – for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively – for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies.
Last Date to Apply
- The candidate should inquire at the diplomatic mission where he intends to submit the application file about the enrollment calendar. The deadline for submitting the application files is established by each diplomatic mission, but not later than 16th March 2020.
- The selection results of the Romania Government Scholarship 2020 will be announced by 15th June 2020, to each diplomatic mission that has submitted application files to the MFA.