A new fellowship program for 2019 is available to all the international students is the Socio-Environmental Immersion Postdoctoral Fellowship. With the purpose to provide training and skills in actionable science and interdisciplinary Socio-Environmental Immersion Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is design for the understanding of the theories and methods of the research work of this fellowship.
The National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC) is the organization that inserts the science of this natural world to the behavior of the human being with the aim to find solution of the environmental problems. The SESYNC offers the fellowship to the individuals for focusing on the serious environmental issues.
Level of study: it is the postdoctoral fellowship program
Available Subject: 20 postdoctoral scholars are currently in house in SESYNC whose expertise spans the social sciences and herbal sciences.
Eligible nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Followings will be provided by the fellowship organization
- An annual stipend
- Full benefits will be provided by the Maryland University as like its employee
- For the meeting with other collaborators a travel allowance will also be given
- 2 years postdoctoral fellowship will be provided
- Professional development and mentoring opportunities will also be provided
- Candidates will get chance to participate in the center different activities.
- Applicants may additionally preserve a doctoral degree in any natural, physical, or social science discipline.
- To be eligible for the program, candidates should have obtained their doctoral ranges within four years prior to the start of the fellowship appointment that should be not before than June 15, 2015. And not later than July 1, 2019.
- Candidates who are presented a fellowship however do not complete their PhD via July 1, 2019 will have to re-apply.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
- International applicants are welcome to apply; however, please word that we comply with University of Maryland visa procedures and requirements; visas are now not guaranteed.
- SESYNC encourages functions from companies underrepresented in SESYNC research, consisting of students from growing countries, individuals from underrepresented U.S. minorities (African Americans, American Indians together with Native Alaskans, Hispanics, and Native Pacific Islanders), and people with disabilities.
- Please see NSF’s coverage on Broadening Participation for greater information on such efforts. The University of Maryland is an equal possibility employer.
Command on the English language is must for the applicants. That applicant whose first language is not English will have to provide the university with the deviance that he or she is a good English language skill.
Procedure for the Application
Step 1: Preliminary Screening
The deadline for the preliminary screening is the 24th October 2018. All those who are interested in this fellowship must have to submit a pre-screening application first through which it will e assuring that the applicant background and interest matches the SESYNC demands or not. After successful pre-screening application final post will be accepted from the applicant.
Those applicants who are in their PhD program and not completed yet must attach a letter from their advice for committee member ensuring the completion of the degree within the due dates.
Pre-screening applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. as a result of the strategy of co-developing a plan with a Collaborating Mentor takes a giant amount of your time, we have a tendency to powerfully encourage pre-screening functions be submitted as quickly as doable. Access to the Mentor written account and therefore the universal resource locator for the web software package web site are emailed to all or any candidates WHO are authorized with the help of the pre-screening utility method.
To submit your pre-screening application, please click here.
Step 2: Selecting Collaborating Mentor
For good relationship with the collaborating mentors applicants are responsible for that, with whom the applicant might be interested in developing a new project. Collaborating Mentors can’t be current or former advisors, thesis committee members, or people with whom the candidate has printed.
There are two ways of selecting the collaborating mentor.
Option 1: candidates might contact potential Collaborating Mentors listed on SESYNC’s Mentor written record. SESYNC can offer written record access to all or any with success pre-screened prospective candidates. The Mentor written record can embrace preliminary project concepts, short bios, and phone info for students World Health Organization have expressed interest in operating with SESYNC postdoctoral. Applications for the Mentor written record are due by day, 2018.
Option 2: candidates might recruit a possible Collaborating Mentor unlisted in SESYNC’s Mentor written record. If a Collaborating Mentor isn’t already listed on the SESYNC Mentor written record, they a requirement submit the CV and a press release of expectations by the Collaborating Mentor application point of day, 2018. SESYNC should approve all potential Collaborating Mentors to confirm they perceive the commitment they’re creating to a fellow’s progress and success.
Co-Mentors are permissible provided: 1) co-mentors each conform to contribute to the project and mentor the somebody equally, 2) there are not any quite 2 co-mentors, and 3) co-mentors conform to share the travel funds and reward…
Step 3: Proposal Co-Development with Collaborating Mentor
All proposals should be co-developed with a Collaborating Mentor, with the somebody taking the lead in writing and developing the proposal. So as to be competitive, candidates ought to begin operating with their cooperative mentors on their proposal as before long as attainable. Therefore, candidate’s area unit powerfully inspired to nail down commitments with Collaborating Mentors to figure along in developing a proposal for the fellowship application by Gregorian calendar month fourteen, 2018. However, no official notification to SESYNC is needed on this date
Step 4: Final Application
The last date for the final application submission is November 30, 2018, 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
Only those can submit the final application who is eligible according to the pre-screening application. Following attachments should be attached with the final application.
- Cover Sheet
- Research Proposal
- Status of Synthesis Material
- Anticipated Cyber infrastructure Needs
- Interdisciplinary Goals
- Full CV of the Applicant
Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
November 30, 2018